Recently my boyfriend’s grandma gave me a bunch of fabrics that she bought decades ago and kept until now.. I knew that in near future there will be a couple of family gatherings, and I simply decided to use those fabric to dress myself (kind of a challenge).. For the first occasion I decided to make a dress from this lovely white cotton fabric with print.. The print reminds mostly of snowflakes.. A bit strange for a summer dress, but I think that it altogether looks good.. Once again I delayed sewing dress until last moment.. It’s good that I had a whole day because putting together all these pieces took me more time than I anticipated..
This time I didn’t have a clear idea which dress I would love to make.. The width of this fabric is only 80 cm, and I had only 2 m of length.. Not much to work with.. I remembered that I liked dress pattern #111 from Burda 07/2016 (A, B) and decided to try something new.. After tracing all pattern pieces I was sure that for the pleated skirt I needed more fabric.. That’s why I used only bodice pieces, and made a pleated skirt with the fabric I had.. For bodice lining I used some white cotton leftover fabric (from the sheets I made recently).. I added pockets and finished the hemline of the skirt with bias tape..